SharePoint Lists and Anonymous Users

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Can you please tell me where in your code you set it up to allow Anonymous Users access to your SharePoint Lists? We are trying to do this with our app and I don't see where in your code to allow the Lists to be accessed anonymouslt.

Ken
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM
The anonymous access for SharePoint Apps on Office 365 is a known issue that has been fixed in recent builds and will soon be available in SharePoint production inside the cumulative updates, this what Microsoft team said.

I don’t fix this issue or and I don’t have a magical code to solve it. All I did that I make a long work around to skip it. I don’t recommend use my work around with all kind of app solutions. But if your app is simple and retrieve a small chunk of items you can use it.

The main idea with my solution that SharePoint online allow anonymous users to access files and don’t allow them to access items. Based on this, when admin or author add new item to the list then click publish button, my code (in the update.js file) generate file that hold all items that I need to read in anonymous mode.
Then when anonymous user open the app, the code access this file and render the items inside the sliders.

Also read my reply here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/e41f7a45-f71b-4f19-8016-9a49b7eb35d0/client-app-parts-on-public-sites-access-denied-issue-for-anonymous-users

I hope this will help you.
Marked as answer by Muawiyah on 3/10/2015 at 9:59 AM